What is the OT Home-Checker Service?
This is a specialised and tailored Occupational Therapy service for those choosing to age at home with dignity regardless of physical disability.
Empathy Works have over 6 years knowledge and experience in supporting older people in the community and in hospital. We are passionate about providing safe options for people who are concerned about maintaining their welfare and independence in their own homes for as long as they wish.
How the OT Home-Checker can help you
If you are wondering how you can use your home safely and how your home can be adapted to suit your needs now and/or in future, we’re here to put your mind at rest.
With access to reputable services and suppliers which will deliver the best possible outcomes for you, plus advice and support to access funding if required, our Home-Checker Service covers the following:
- An initial telephone conversation with you or your loved one to find out about your current functional ability, any medical conditions, some detail about your lifestyle, home environment and current support
- An appointment to visit you in your home, observe your mobility and look at current areas of need and predict future areas. We will also look at the layout of your property and discuss options for adaptations/re-configurations
- A full report of the findings and a list of recommendations
- Support with equipment ordering/adaptation planning if required
- After care support with a follow up telephone call and if necessary a visit to check the intervention is suitable
- A six-monthly telephone call review to make sure your needs continue to be met.